Monday, November 7, 2011

For the Alliance!

Let's see, stuff to talk about!

Went to Lexington for Hannah's birthday and had a really good time. Went to gattitown and had way too much pizza. Kicked Brad's ass at virtually every game except racing, which I suck at and don't understand. But it is worth noting that I beat the crap out of him at basketball. I mean, the crap. At one point I beat him like 36 to 22 or something. Hahahar. Then went to Patchen Pub and had many cinnamony shots that were delicious. Then Hannah tells me something about how drinking alcohol slows/stops your metabolism for so many hours. Not that it bothered me in the least at the time, but I thought I would look it up later. And I've never been so impressed at someone's Foosball skills just minutes before they crashed into a drunken stupor, that was AMAZING, Hannah. You and Ken should both be proud.

So I google the issue and find that yes, of course it does, and some sites that were like a little everday is good for you, and another site that was telling me it doesn't effing matter cause losing weight is a pitfall leading to later weight gain, probably more than you even started out with, and I was like, wtf? This site had all kinds of negative nelly things to say, and I was getting pretty pissed off until I realized it was a site dedicated to selling this fat-burning sports drink... LOL. Oh... I see.

What I am taking from this is that my occasional amaretto sours are probably not a good idea. But I feel that the bottle was in desperate need to be finished off. ;)

Brad keeps getting onto me for saying, "I've plateaued at 200!" lol. Yeah, I keep saying that. I figure I probably have a lot of plateaus coming my way. But seriously, it just kept dropping and dropping and now it's like... 202. 204. 202. 203.4. Etc. One day it was even 201. But never 200. It's infuriating. I read somewhere that it might be because I need to work on boosting my metabolism or some shit, specifically because I have a thyroid issue (albeit a small one).

Basically, I just need to get my ass up and do some movement. And weight training, which to me seems so silly when one is so fat, but it makes sense. Build up some muscles! After my hike last week with Jessica I was sore for like 4 consecutive days... hahaha. Nice.

I'm going to use this room now to vent about random shit.

The world is trying to mess with me. I am Josie's granddaughter afterall. First, I went to wal-mart to grocery shop the other day and it was a total mess. The checkout guy, who I think was new, and was also stationed at a register with an attitude problem, was having a really hard time with it. The machine scanned my mozzarella like 20 times in a row. $4 times 20, holy shit. Did the same with my salsa. He had to void off like 30 transactions, then when I'm paying for it, I've swiped my card, I've even signed the damn thing and hit enter, it suddenly says it needs a manager over-ride. I assume because of all the voids. So woman comes up and re-does some shit and is like, it needs you to swipe again. I asked if she was sure because I had already signed and everything, yeah yeah, shut up and sign it. Two charges of 160 bucks made on the card. Yep. Infuriating.

Then we get an unexpected charge from Windstream when we were under the idea that we had two months free for adding satellite and phone to our existing internet package. We were assured the two months free, it would have been three but we already had the internet. Brad never does something like this unless there is a good deal on it of some kind. At this point we are addicted to our lovely satellite. He calls and some bitch is like, no, you don't get that deal at all because you already have internet. The exact opposite of what the initial bitch had told us. Brad, being his lovely self, didn't argue. I feel that he should have. People who bitch get free shit, it is known. This is America, afterall.

I swear to odin, it's just that time of year when somehow, no matter how hard you try to be aware of it, you spend more money. Getting the gas tanks filled, paying for heat, Christmas and b-day presents, our regular trip to the gorge or gatlinburg... it all adds up. I think it's also because it's getting cold and spending money feels even better when it's cold and miserable outside, for some reason.

One fun perk to this is Brad is on to me quite a bit to be getting the most out of my WoW membership. I like to think it's one of my fiscally mature responsibilities to fight against the Horde for the good of Azeroth. But that doesn't help me in my weight loss quest. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment